Mix and match the salad ingredients
A beef or lamb salad using leftover makes for a quick and delicious meal that’s easy to put together. Take advantage of ready-mixed salad leaves and fresh herbs. Add fresh new season vegetables and use tasty bottled salad dressings. Toss with noodles, pasta or even baby potatoes and your salad is ready to serve.
Salad ideas using leftover roast lamb
- Toss strips of leftover roast lamb with leftover roast pumpkin. Add cubes of feta cheese, black olives and few toasted pine nuts.
- Toss thin slices of lamb with cooked pasta shells, a dollop of basil pesto, and Italian dressing. Add chopped cucumber and cherry tomatoes,
- Toss lamb with a mix of baby spinach leaves, quartered artichoke hearts and semi-dried tomatoes.
- Toss lamb with strips of marinated roast vegetables like eggplant and sweet potato (available in jars or the deli) and torn rocket leaves.
Salad ideas using leftover roast beef
- Toss strips of leftover roast beef with roasted baby beetroot and mixed salad leaves. Drizzle with a sour cream and wine vinegar dressing. Sprinkle with chopped dill.
- Toss strips of roast beef with torn rocket leaves, sliced fried haloumi and orange segments and French dressing.
- Toss beef with cold soba noodles, thinly sliced radish and spring onion. Drizzle with soy and sesame oil.
- Toss beef with fresh asparagus spears, roasted walnut halves and baby spinach leaves. Add pasta shells if you like.
- Toss beef with cold cooked beans, halved cherry tomatoes, drained, canned five-bean mix, chopped red onion. Dress with olive oil and wine vinegar.
- Slice the beef or lamb thinly so the meat is easily coated with the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the salad just before serving; the flavours of the beef or lamb, the salad and the dressing remain fresh and flavoursome this way.
Leftover lamb from a lamb roast can replace the lamb in these recipes
Lamb fillet with a pumpkin, feta and olive
Lamb, spinach and avocado salad
Hoisin lamb fillet with green bean and walnut salad
Lamb and green bean salad
Lamb salad of rocket, tomato, cucumber and tahini
Leftover beef from a beef roast can replace the beef in these recipes
Beef and bean salad
Vietnamese noodle and beef salad
Beef salad with crunchy noodles
Beef and mango salad
Beef and pasta salad
Thai beef salad