Sandwiches, wraps and rolls are terrific options for a feast, made from leftover roast beef or roast lamb, other ideas include easy salads and quick one-dish meals. Be inspired by these ideas.
Ten top ideas using leftover roast beef or lamb
- Mix with refried beans for burritos or a quesadilla filling.
- Slice the beef or lamb thinly and toss with the rice and vegetables for a great homemade fried rice.
- Make into fritters with a savoury pancake mix.
- Make potpies – combine chopped meat, leftover roast vegetables (or frozen veggies) and leftover gravy. Top pie with mash or puff pastry.
- Slice the beef or lamb thinly and toss through stir-fried noodles and vegetables.
- Add chopped meat to a clear beef stock and veggie soup or minestrone soup.
- Make into bubble and squeak patties with leftover roast veggies.
- Make a zesty Thai inspired salad and serve thinly sliced beef or lamb in lettuce cups.
- Wrap with strips of cucumber and fresh mint and basil leaves in rice paper rolls.
- Toss chopped or sliced through couscous cooked with Moroccan spice mix, add currants, grated lemon rind and lots chopped parsley and mint.
- Dice and combine with left over veggies and some diced tomato and onion for a delicious Cornish pastie filling
- Dice and add your favourite curry sauce for a super fast curry.