Easy roast beef salad ideas
Combine juicy roast beef, salad greens and a little salad dressing for an almost instant meal. Try one of the following flavourful combinations:
- Beef roast, cherry tomatoes, feta, cucumber and basil leaves
- Beef roast, asparagus and roasted capsicum
- Beef roast, sliced radish, orange segments and mint
- Beef roast, green beans, red onion and capers
Beef salad ideas using seasonal produce:
- Autumn vegies like sweet potato and eggplant are easy to roast (roast them while the beef’s in the oven), they’ll make a great salad with sliced roast beef.
- During winter why not team the beef with pasta spirals or shells, chopped cucumber, a dollop of pesto and some olives.
- Spring’s tender asparagus, peas and beans are delicious tossed with beef and a few mint leaves.
- In summer make the most of flavoursome tomatoes, red capsicums, even luscious fruit like mango or peach, they all team beautifully with roast beef.
Beef roast salad tips
- Slice the roast beef thinly so the beef is easily coated with the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the salad just before serving to help keep the flavours of the beef, the salad and the dressing fresh and flavoursome.
How to roast a 1kg eye of round beef roast (perfect for roast beef sandwiches or salad)
- Preheat oven to 160oC. Brush the beef roast lightly with oil and sear it on all sides over a moderately-high heat until it is evenly browned. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Place the beef on a rack in a roasting dish. Roast for approximately 50 minutes for rare, 60 minutes for medium and 70 minutes for well done. For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer.
- Remove beef roast from oven, loosely cover with foil and rest for 10-20 minutes before slicing.